Proud Protectors of our Shared Heritage
The Cooch’s Bridge Historic Site is owned and operated by the State of Delaware Division of Historic and Cultural Affairs (HCA). The Friends of Cooch’s Bridge Historic Site is honored to serve as the outreach and advocacy group for the site’s stewardship, in partnership with the HCA.
The Friends of Cooch’s Bridge is a non-profit organization that aims to preserve the built and natural features of the Delaware-owned historic property known Cooch’s Bridge Historic Site and promote public access to them. Learn more by listening to a brief podcast.
The Friends accomplishes its aims by:
- Promoting public awareness of and advocacy for its mission and the historic site;
- Securing funds to support and enhance the restoration, preservation, maintenance, and operation of the site;
- Ensuring financial support for improvements that enhance activities, programs, and contents of the historic home and grounds;
- Supporting the development of historical and horticultural interpretation and public programs to promote state and local history as well as heritage and ecotourism;
- Forming partnerships with organizations that can help and benefit from this outstanding historical and cultural treasure; and
- Supporting the development through rigorous research of historical interpretation—interpretation that illuminates life today by revealing the stories of people who lived, visited, worked, died, and fought for independence at the site.